Easter trip to Porto!
Hey! It’s again Easter – and this time it happens to include my birthday! So I decided to organize a group to trip to this beautiful city, Porto! Let’s enjoy the great weekend there together!
I booked two apartments (Apartment I, Apartment II) for 10 people each. If there are not enough people, we will stay in one of them. It’s going to be 150€ per person in total. As it turned out that there were several people arriving on the 5th and leaving on the 11th, you can also take this option – in this case it’s 220€ per person. I don’t organize the trip to Porto, so do it yourself ?
Prelude (Apr 5, Wednesday)
Not programme yet. You can get the keys from 3pm
Day I (Apr 6, Thursday)
We can have a short trip from Régua to Lamego. We can take a bus back from Lamego to Régua afterwards and then back by train. The timetable is here.
Day II (Apr 7, Friday)
We are going to hike in the vineyards of the Douro valley. The timetable is here.
Day III (Apr 8, Saturday)
My birthday 🙂 Maybe day trip to Braga (oldest city in Portugal?)
Day IV (Apr 9, Sunday)
Hiking in Valongo
Day V (Apr 10, Monday)
In principle only departure. Maybe we can also hike in Viana do Castelo according to the route above.
Postscript (Apr 11, Tuesday)
Departure for the people flying.
List of participants
Note for people planning to sign up: flights are fairly expensive, so you might be interested to check it out beforehand
- Rohith (5-11)
- Sarah (6-11)
- Madhuri (5-11)
- Aaron (5-11)
- Aseel (5-11)
- Shrijal (6-11)
- Patrick (5-10)
- Miriam (6-11)
- Julien (5-11)
- Is it interesting to rent cars? There are free parkings slots in front of the apartments.
- We can also think about buying a Porto Card, which would allow us to take public transport in Porto for free (not the trams apparently though).
- Porto São Bento Train Station
- Capela das Almas (or Capela de Santa Catarina)
- Livraria Lello
- Torre dos Clérigos
- Palácio da Bolsa
- Sé do Porto
- Ribeira (near by the banks of the Douro river)
- Caves do vinho do Porto (if you want to try some Porto Wine)
- Parque da Cidade do Porto (green area and near by coast)
- Parque de Serralves (green area)