Hiking to triple nation point at Aachen!
Hey! Going abroad might seem like a big deal, but it’s right there next to you. Let’s go there and see what it looks like! This time I’m proposing a hike from Aachen to the Belgian-Dutch-German triple point, which is the highest area of the Netherlands!
Download kml / gpx
So the plan is quite simple: we’re gonna see each other in front of Düsseldorf Hbf at 10:00am. Then:
- Dep: 10:22 Düsseldorf Hbf – Platform 4 (RE 10412)
- Arr: 11:46 Aachen Hbf – Platform 7
Then we start hiking. Easy, isn’t it? If you come from a different city, feel free to join us wherever you want on the way! It’s not within the VRR region, but within NRW, so students can travel for free!
Then we’ll walk according to this map (in kml-format) or this map (in gpx-format). The total distance is something like 16 km. We’ll have a break at Dreiländereck. It would be helpful if you’d bring something to eat and a picnic blanket.
Regardless of the weather, I will NOT cancel the event, so please check it out yourselves and decide whether to come or not yourselves.
This event is also organized on Meetup. Check it out from this page!
For further useful info read this (highly recommended).
Hope to see you there!
Coronavirus guideline: Following the local government instructions, please respect the social-distancing rule, i.e. from the beginning of the event till the end, a minimum distance of 1.5 m to any person in the group is required. In particular, this means:
- Don’t occupy two seats next to each other on the train
- If you bring a picnic blanket, don’t share it with other people
- Don’t share food or water
- If you go to a restaurant during break, local rules may apply. Please inform yourselves beforehand if you plan to go there.