Hiking around Essen Kupferdreh!
Hey! Your holidays cancelled? There’s no reason to be sad because you’ll have a great day with a lot of people enjoying the great nature nearby! This time I’m proposing a hike around Kupferdreh, going through a less known area and along the Ruhr!
Download kml / gpx
So the plan is as follows: we’re gonna see each other in front of Düsseldorf Hbf at 10:15am. Then:
- Dep: 10:40 Düsseldorf Hbf – Platform 7 (RE 10415)
- Arr: 10:54 Wuppertal-Vohwinkel
- Dep: 11:03 Wuppertal-Vohwinkel – Platform 12 (ABR S9)
- Arr: 11:27 Essen-Kupferdreh – Platform 2
Then we start hiking. Easy, isn’t it? If you come from a different city, feel free to join us wherever you want on the way! It’s within the VRR region so if you have a Ticket 2000/Semester ticket/Young Ticket Plus, you can travel there for free. Even if you don’t it’s very likely that someone can take you for free so just be there in time!
Then we’ll walk according to this map (in kml-format) or this map (in gpx-format). The total distance is something like 15 km. We’ll have a break at Heidhausen (there are restaurants). It would be helpful if you’d bring something to eat and a picnic blanket.
Regardless of the weather, I will NOT cancel the event, so please check it out yourselves and decide whether to come or not yourselves.
This event is also organized on Meetup. Check it out from this page!
For further useful info read this (highly recommended).
Hope to see you there!
Coronavirus guideline: Following the local government instructions, please respect the social-distancing rule, i.e. from the beginning of the event till the end, a minimum distance of 1.5 m to any person in the group is required. In particular, this means:
- Don’t occupy two seats next to each other on the train
- If you bring a picnic blanket, don’t share it with other people
- Don’t share food or water
- If you go to a restaurant during break, local rules may apply. Please inform yourselves beforehand if you plan to go there.